As a professional healthcare provider in todays world, your online presence is not only required by your audience, it is crucial to the future of your practice, specially when you’re looking for design the best medical websites for doctors.
It’s important that you not only have a website but that your website is up to date and accessible to everyone that is looking for help. Social media presence can somewhat serve the purpose but without having a website, it won’t be able to perform as it should.
Having a blog to share information with your patients on your website is one of the best ways to stay connected with your patients and let them know that you are always there to provide them all the information they need, even if you are not present, your tips, precautions and recommendations will always be accessible.
In order to find the best medical website for doctors, you should first ask yourself how you want to reach your patients and how you want to advertise.
With the rise of technology and the improving ability to research online, medical websites have become an ever-increasing and the most demanding part of the healthcare industry.
The internet has given doctors and practitioners a new way to promote themselves and their practices, and it can also be a helpful tool for patients who are searching for doctors for a very specific cause.
However, choosing the best medical website for doctors can be difficult. You want to make sure it has a comprehensive information about many different conditions, but you also want to make sure it’s reliable.
Read on to learn about some of the best medical websites for doctors.
How to Create a Medical Website:
Medical websites have always been a popular way to inform and educate patients on a wide range of issues and having a 24/7 connection with them.
There are a number of reasons why having a medical website is essential for every medical healthcare professional, but the most common one is that they provide a means to stay connected with your patients that gives them this relief of having their doctor standing by whenever they need you, not to mention that it also gives your medical business a competitive edge.
I am not trying to scare you away but they are a little harder to design when compared to other industries, but with the right knowledge and having a plan, creating a medical website can be done in no time if you’re thinking about doing it yourself.
I know that it is the toughest profession out there and I’ve seen some of the doctors not even having enough time to go through the hassle of doing research for their website idea.
Luckily, there are some great alternatives if you don’t want to go through the hassle of creating one then you can hire a professional with experience in designing websites for your industry and WPDriven holds an extensive amount of experience in designing medical industry websites.
Now let’s look at how to create a medical website by yourself that will attract potential patients, how to optimize your website to generate more traffic, and how to advertise your website.
Steps to be taken for Creating a Medical Website:
- Start your research by finding a few websites that you like on the internet. It could be your competitor or a local clinic in your area.
- You should also consider reviewing the websites that you do not like so much. Note down what was it about them that you don’t like in particular. It will help you keep your website interesting.
- Thoroughly review the websites of your competitors. Don’t miss a single detail about their website, engage with them by clicking different buttons and see what they do. This will give you even better idea about how you want your website to function or interact with patients.
- If you are planning to hire a professional to do your website, then make sure to know if they have enough experience in the web design. Because you need the Web Design Experts for a medical website
- Get in touch with them and schedule a discovery phone call to find out if they are the right fit, and then get to know
- How long have they been in business?
- Will they continue to be in business?
- What type of commitment or contract do they require?
- If you’re planning to do the website yourself, then continue with the following steps.
- Carefully Choose a domain name for your new website that matches your professional practices. A domain name is the most important asset of your website as it the address to reach your online clinic for your patients.
- Choose a webhosting company (or use the web development company’s web hosting). Web hosting is where your website is saved on the internet so people can type the domain name and they can see the website. So choosing the right web host is essential.
- Decide how many pages of content you will need and what kind of information you want your patients to see as soon as they are on your website.
- Once you have the plan, it is time to start building the website.
- The best way to start building the website is from the Home page
- Then, you can create another page to feature your services and expertise like Medical Services & Procedures
- Adding a web page to list all the Physicians / Medical Staff that you’ll have available in your facility is also helpful for your patients.
- A web page to highlight the Locations that you are operating in is greatly helpful when you have patients coming from different areas, so they can find the nearest one to them.
- Adding Patient Forms is crucial to a medical website. This is where you can collect information from your website visitor if they want to book an appointment or they need help over the phone.
- Having a dedicated web page for Insurance Plans is a good practice as well. It can help educate your patients about what kind of insurance support your clinic offers.
- One of the most important pages is to have your Contact Information. This is where your patient will know how to get in contact with you, whether it is for a visit or a digital appointment.
- Once you have all the pages in place then you can Choose the features you want for the website.
- Features can be anything like Zoom Appointments, digital prescriptions sent to your patients over email. Notifying your patients about their appointments automatically using SMS or Email etc.
- Then you can focus on designing the pages you just created with images, videos, graphs, Color scheme, fonts, heading and important updates.
- Gather all your content, pictures, documents and files.
Some Tips to Improve Your Online Medical Practice engagement:
- To improve your online medical practice by addressing both the business and technical aspects of your website. The first thing you need to do is to connect it with your social media profiles, email account and a phone number to make it easier for your patients to contact you. The more ways to contact, the better.
- Having an online blog connected with your website is crucial to your medical website. This is going to be the primary source of information for your patients looking for a doctor to help them with a specific medical issue.
A blog is ideal for posting regular updates for your patients. It is just like posting stories on Facebook or Instagram but instead of just short videos, it has to be a detailed and well researched answer to the problem they have.
- Hassle-free appointments. More often than not, medical website owners forgets to make their appointment scheduling process easier for the patient. If you can have a button where your patient can simply register or schedule their appointment, the patient is more likely to follow through
No one likes to fill a lengthy form just to get an appointment, specially when they are a new patient trying to get in contact. Simple appointment form always get more subscribers. Once you have a form submission, then you can take all the necessary information over a phone call or a video meet.
Mistakes Doctors Make on their Website:
One of the most common mistakes that we’ve noticed on a doctor/medical website is not having a contact form.
Contact form can really ease up the process for both, patient and the doctor.
Another mistake that we have noticed is that they put a lot of information right on the front page of their website. Which is not considered to be one of the best practices today, specially for a medical website.
You have to be careful when putting information on the front page. You don’t want your patients to get lost in the text when they should be reading only what they should and then the next step they should be taking is booking an appointment.
Last thing we think is not suitable for a medical practitioner website is using too many stock images or using images out of context.
Stock images are a good way of having a graphical representation but not every time. If you can arrange to have a professional introduction video uploaded on the website, that is a lot better than having 50 stock images.
Specially in medical industry, having explanatory videos, discussion videos and podcasts gets you more engagement than any other thing.
for reading this post to the end. if you think you need a professional’s help in finishing your website that you just started, feel free to reach out to us.